Drug Defence Lawyers
The drug defence lawyers in our Sydney office are some of the best, most successful and experienced in Australia.
For example, to see how we have assisted clients in their drug offence cases see the case studies below.
You can see by these that we have a wealth of experience in defending clients in a range of Drug offence related matters.
What sort of substances (drugs) is it prohibited to possess?
- Marijuana (cannabis, hashish)
- ecstasy (XTC, E, MDMA)
- ice (methamphetamine)
- heroin (narcotics)
See the full list of prohibited drugs under Schedule 1 of the Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act 1985.
Drug Quantities in NSW
How we Can Help
O’Brien Criminal & Civil Solicitors is a full-service criminal defence law firm meaning that we provide legal advice on both criminal and civil law. After the completion of your criminal case, we can continue to represent you in your civil matter (if one exists). We have represented many clients in their criminal matters and then proceeded to assist them in making a civil claim against the police for unlawful arrest and false imprisonment, or suing a publisher for defamation.
Your first consultation with one of our criminal lawyers is free. This is your opportunity to speak to us about your case and for us to discuss with you what your options are. If you choose to proceed with our services we will provide you with a cost agreement that sets out your legal fees. O’Brien Criminal and Civil Solicitors provides cost-effective and professional legal advice compared with other law firms. In some instances, we offer reduced fees or pro bono services at the discretion of our Principal. We can also assist you in applying for Legal Aid if you are eligible. Speak to us if you have concerns regarding your ability to pay your legal fees and we can discuss the possibility of accommodating your circumstances.
Our criminal lawyers have handled cases in courts across NSW at Local Courts, District Courts and the NSW Court of Criminal Appeal. They have a wealth of experience in assisting clients with bail applications, trials, sentencing hearings and appeals to name a few.
Our team includes Accredited Specialists in Criminal Law.
Specialist Accreditation is a structured peer to peer assessment process enabling legal practitioners to be recognised for their expertise. To be accredited specialists must pass a series of meticulous assessments on both legal knowledge and its application in practice. To retain their accreditation specialists must undertake significant additional professional development in their area of expertise each year.
O’Brien Criminal and Civil Solicitors utilises a trauma-informed lawyering approach when interacting with our clients. We understand that you have dealt with traumatic events and that engaging with authorities and courts is a stressful experience that might re-traumatise you. For this reason we are sensitive to your mental and emotional needs and will assist you in an appropriate manner. Read more about our thoughts on trauma-informed lawyering.
Contact us on (02) 9261 4281 to book a free initial conference with one of our criminal lawyers. They’ll review your AVO matter and provide you with advice on your legal options.
Helplines and Support Services:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (1300 222 222): Provides support, information, and referrals to individuals seeking help for alcohol addiction through a 12-step program.
- Narcotics Anonymous (1300 652 820): Offers support, information, and referrals to individuals seeking help for drug addiction through a 12-step program
- SMART Recovery Australia (1300 222 222): Provides science-based tools and support for individuals seeking help for addiction to drugs, alcohol, or other addictive behaviours.
- Family Drug Support (1300 368 186): Offers support, education, and information to families and friends of people who use drugs or alcohol, including a 24/7 helpline.
- Australian Drug Information Network (ADIN) (1800 422 599): Provides information, research, and resources on drugs and alcohol, including a directory of treatment services and support groups.