(New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal)

O’Brien Criminal and Civil Solicitors can provide legal advice to an individual or entity that is defending a complaint against them in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).


What matters does NCAT deal with?


NCAT may do one of the following:

  • Make the full orders sought by the applicant
  • Decide that only part of the applicant’s claim can be made
  • Dismiss the application.

Appeal an NCAT decision

Section 32 (1)  The Tribunal has internal appeal jurisdiction over—

(a)  any decision made by the Tribunal in proceedings for a general decision or administrative review decision, and

(b)  any decision made by a registrar of a kind that is declared by this Act or the procedural rules to be internally appealable for the purposes of this section.

(b)  any decision of the Tribunal in an external appeal, or
(c)  any decision of the Tribunal in proceedings for the exercise of its enforcement jurisdiction, or
(d)  any decision of the Tribunal in proceedings for the imposition of a civil penalty in exercise of its general jurisdiction.


O’Brien Criminal & Civil Solicitors
p: 02 9261 4281
a: Level 4, 219-223 Castlereagh St,
Sydney NSW 2000

Scroll to Top