In October 2018, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced the Terms of Reference for the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety.
O’Brien Criminal & Civil Solicitors is available to represent you if you are called or wish to appear at the Royal Commission.
The terms of reference for the Royal Commission includes:
- Quality and safety including the extent of substandard care.
- How to best deliver care services to people with disabilities residing in aged care facilities including younger people.
- How to best deliver care to the increasing number of Australians living with dementia.
- The future challenges and opportunities for delivering accessible, affordable and high quality aged care services, including people’s desire to remain living at home as they age, and aged care in rural, regional and remote Australia.
- What the Government, the aged care sector, Australian families and the wider community can do to strengthen care services to ensure quality and safety.
- How to allow people greater choice, control and independence and how to improve engagement with families and carers.
- How to best deliver sustainable aged care services through innovative care and investment in the aged care workforce and infrastructure.
- Any matters that the Commissioners believe is relevant to their inquiry.
Make a Submission with O’Brien Criminal & Civil Solicitors to the Royal Commission
O’Brien Criminal & Civil Solicitors is able to assist you with sharing your story with the Royal Commission.
Our firm has extensive experience with matters involving elder abuse. Peter O’Brien and other solicitors within the firm have also represented many dozens of witnesses in Royal Commissions, including in the preparation of formal statements by individuals, and cross-examining adverse witnesses. Our seasoned solicitors have represented victims and witnesses in every Royal Commission over the past decade including:
- The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse;
- The Royal Commission Into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry;
- The Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption; and
- The Royal Commission into the Protection and Detention of Children in the Northern Territory
We can discuss your concerns and also represent you in your liaison with the Royal Commission. Given the high publicity surrounding this inquiry, representation by lawyers from O’Brien Criminal and Civil Solicitors will ensure that you are aware and prepared for the processes ahead.
In many cases, we will be able to apply for Federal Schemes which will cover any fees. In other words, it will not cost you money and will alleviate pressure off you and your loved ones when appearing at the Commission.
Our solicitors understand trauma-informed practice of law and will treat your case with confidentiality and sensitivity. It is best to speak to us as soon as possible if you would like to make a submission, or if you suspect that you will be called to give evidence at a public hearing.
Please contact us on (02) 9261 4281 if you are in need of legal representation from a lawyer experienced in dealing with Royal Commissions. Alternatively, you can leave us a message through our online contact form.