Demand property with intent to steal
The complainant in the matter made several allegations against HD. The allegations claimed that HD had demanded money from the complainant several times over a course of months, sometimes violently. These allegations resulted in charges of intimidation and assault being laid against HD.
However, the case turned on the complainant’s evidence.
In trial, O’Brien Solicitors was able to successfully discredit the complainant as a witness. As a result, a jury found HD not guilty of all charges.
- Demand property with intent to steal
- Crimes Act 1900 Section 99
- assault with intent to rob in company
- Crimes Act 1900 Section 97
- intimidation with intent to cause fear of physical or mental harm\
- Crimes (Domestic and Personal Violence) Act 2007 Section 13
- reliability of witness