Drive with high range prescribed concentration of alcohol, not give particulars to owner of damaged property
MHX was charged with two offences in relation to a collision he had with a parked car. These were:
- a high-range drink driving offence (Section 110(5)(a) Road Transport Act 2013)
- and also a charge of leaving the scene of an accident without giving his particulars (Section 287(1) Road Rules 2008)
Outcome: Plea of guilty with representation at sentencing
MHX was advised that the most sensible option was to plead guilty to the charges, given the unequivocal nature of the evidence against him and his full admissions to police. The defence assisted MHX in obtaining a pre-sentence report. That presented him as a suitable candidate for a community service order.
MHX avoided a custodial sentence and was instead received the following sentence:
- a supervised good behaviour bond,
- along with 80 hours of community service
- and disqualification of his licence.