Client caught as part of police investigation into drug syndicate
A police Strike Force investigating a drug syndicate charged 17 people in relation to their roles in the syndicate.
In this instance, WR was one of these people. Consequently, prosecutors charged him with counts of:
- supply prohibited drugs on an ongoing basis,
- knowingly direct activities of criminal group,
- supply prohibited drug over commercial quantity
- and participate in criminal group.
Plea negotiation results in charges being withdrawn
O’Brien Criminal & Civil Solicitors assisted WR in his plea negotiation with the prosecution.
He pleaded guilty to:
- one count of supply prohibited drugs on an ongoing basis
- one count of participate in criminal group
with the other 4 charges being withdrawn. Consequently, WR got a sentence of 5 years’ imprisonment for the two offences.
However, this was a favourable outcome given the seriousness of the offences. Each of the charges had a maximum penalty of 20 years’ imprisonment.
If you’re facing charges relating to drug offences speak to O’Brien Criminal & Civil Solicitors for expert legal advice on your case. Call us on (02) 9261 4281 for a free initial consultation.